Do IELTS tricks/tips help you get a high score?
I know all the tips and tricks about IELTS and I still cannot get the score I need. I am sure they are doing it on purpose so that we cannot apply for a visa? Knowing the IELTS tricks and tips doesn’t mean that a high score is guaranteed.How can you crack IELTS exam to enter different countries for your studies and work? Accepted over 140 countries worldwide, IELTS is one of the most popular English proficiency tests to study abroad. Divided into two versions- Academic and General, the test is a basic yardstick for admission to many universities globally. So, the big question is what does it take to crack IELTS?
THE TOP IELTS GENERAL TIPS AND TRICKS YOU CAN’T MISS!
- Read the instructions and questions carefully before you listen.
- Try to get an idea of the situation. Who are the speakers? Where are they? Why are they speaking?
- Remember, you will only hear the audio once. You will need to read, write and listen all at the same time.
- Listen for ‘signpost words‘ such as however, although and finally. They help you to anticipate what the speaker will say.
- Make sure that the style used is appropriate ( formal language to be used in essays or in formal letters/informal language to be used in the informal letters)
- Make sure you answer the question
- There is no right or wrong answer as long as you answer the question. The language is assessed not the ideas.
- Focus on both sides of the question ( agree/disagree; positive/negative aspects; advantages/disadvantages; problems/solutions; causes/effects)
- Fill in the answer sheet as you go
- Leave difficult questions for the end
- Don’t start reading the text before looking at the tasks
- Practice doing lots of reading tests