Practice, Learn and Master the English Listening Skills
Part 3: Listening (45 – 57 minutes)
- Summarize spoken text
- Multiple choice, choose multiple answer
- Fill in the blanks
- Highlight correct summary
- Multiple choice, choose single answer
- Select missing word
- Highlight incorrect words
- Write from dictation
- Timing & number: 10 minutes per summary and you cannot go to the next question until the 10 minutes is up so use it all! 2-3 tasks.
- Marks:10 marks per summary, divided into the 5 skills as above in the table.
- Strategy:This task is the same as re-tell the lecture where you have to summarize the main points/ideas only of the lecture but you must also produce a well-written piece of writing as per the criteria in the table. You must write between 50-70 words.
Many people have a question that:
How can I improve my PTE listening?
How can I get high score in PTE listening?
Lets look at how you can improve and maximize your listening test scores:
- Listen actively, which means learn to listen to English songs differently. Focus on the lyrics which requires more attention.
- Watch movies and TV shows first with subtitles and then without subtitles.
- Audio Novels are another effective medium. There are many applications available where you can download the Novel and then listen to it.
- Listening to new content will increase your vocabulary which will improve your understanding of the spoken English while listening.
- Don’t read the options before or while you are listening to the recording as there is too much to read.
- Take notes and match them to the correct summary. Note down the key ideas.
- Match the option that is closest in detail to your notes.
- Meditation to increase your concentration and this will help you in the listening test.
For PTE Tips and Tricks in speaking
For PTE Tips and Tricks in Writing
For PTE Tips and Tricks in Reading
PTE Slot Booking