UK Post-Study Visa
UK government announced a new two-year post-study work visa for all the International Students.
Currently, graduates with bachelors or master’s degrees are allowed to look for work for only four months. From next year all international graduates could qualify for a two-year period to work in the UK, increasing their chances of finding long-term employment after studying.
With the introduction of this new policy, the visas would have no cap on numbers and would allow graduates to apply for jobs regardless of their skills or the subject they studied. The government of UK said that the aim of this policy is to recruit talented graduates for the multiple domains such as maths, engineering and technology.
Points to be noted:
- Graduate will get an opportunity to stay and work in the UK at any skill level for two years.
- The graduate immigration route will be open to international students who have completed a degree at undergraduate level or above at an institution
- It is expected that students entering the UK in the 2020-21 academic year intake will be eligible for this route
- The route is non-extendable and does not count towards settlement
- Those who graduate and whose leave expires before the route is introduced will not be eligible for it