First of all, identify the course that you want to pursue and then select a university and country. After that you need to find out which test does the university accept for granting admissions. Then the journey begins to prepare for that test.
So we will discuss which test is applicable for which course and which universities accept that test.
Because the native language of the country where we live is different from the language where we have to go, therefore almost all universities ask for a language test to be cleared by the prospective candidates.
Followings are the language tests which are to be cleared by the candidates.
1) IELTS: International English Language Testing System.
IELTS exam is the preferred exam for getting admission to universities in the UK, Australia, and New Zealand. IELTS Score is valid for two years. More about IELTS exam and how score is caculated.
2) TOEFL: Test of English as a Foreign Language
TOEFL exam is the preferred exam for universities in the US and Canada. TOEFL test is accepted for admissions by U.K. universities for courses at degree level and above, including all of the prestigious
Russell Group universities. TOEFL scores are also valid for two years.
3) PTE: Pearson Test of English
The PTE is accepted by thousands of institutions in the UK, Australia, USA, Canada, New Zealand and Ireland, including Harvard, Yale and INSEAD. The scores of the PTE Academic exam are valid for a period of two years.
List of Standardized Exams/ Tests to be cleared for Study Abroad :
COURSES/PROGRAMS —————–TEST NAME———————————-COUNTRY
1. Undergraduate—————————SAT or ACT——————– US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
2. MBA————————————— GMAT or GRE——————US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
3. MS———————————————–GRE————————–US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
4. Medical—————————————-MCAT————————–US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
5. Law———————————————LSAT—————————US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand